Lots of healthy ideas
I’m not very creative in the kitchen, so I was very happy to see that Fortino’s (and the other Loblaw’s properties) have an amazing recipe section. I found the chili recipe in the “Heathier Choices” section. And you can narrow you search even further to suit your needs.
Putting the healthy recipes together with the PC Guiding Stars program is a recipe for success!
The Hearty Vegetarian Quinoa Chili is a one-pot meal that was easy to prepare and full of stars!!
It could have been a 12-star meal, but they were out of Quinoa, so I went with the Bulgar & Quinoa which was 1 star less.
And so easy to make!
So yummy! So filling!
When they say “hearty,” they weren’t kidding!
I had left out the jalapenos that the recipe called for because I was worried it would be too hot. But I think a little would have given it a bit of added flavour.
Here is my adaptation of the PC recipe!
- 4 tsp (20 mL) olive oil
- 2 onions, diced
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) chili powder
- 1 can (796 mL) PC Blue Menu Diced Tomatoes
- 1 can (540 mL) PC Blue Menu 6 Bean Medley , drained and rinsed
- ½ cup (125 mL) PC Organics Quinoa
- In large saucepan, heat oil over medium heat. Cook onions for 12 to 14 minutes, stirring often, or until golden.
- Stir in chili powder; cook 1 minute longer, stirring frequently.
- Stir in diced tomatoes and juices, beans, quinoa and 1 cup (250 mL) water. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium-low, cover and cook for 20 minutes or until quinoa is tender.
- Serve garnished with PC Blue Menu Yogurt Spread and chopped fresh coriander, if desired.
- Original recipe called for mushrooms and jalapeno.
Disclosure – I am participating in the Guiding Stars Blogger Outreach program by ShesConnected. I have been compensated in exchange for my participation in the campaign. The opinions on this blog are my own.