Today was my yearly physical with the doctor. I like my doctor so gonig to the doctor is easy but the fact that this is the day when he gets to check out my va-jay-jay, I was a little tense. Not like he’s going to find anything wrong but it’s just uncomfortable. He asks if I have any concerns:
- lump on my arm
- ringing in my ears
- acne on my back (ya, I know, TMI)
- getting my tubes tied
Since this is the first time that he’s actually done my physical we got to go thru the whole family history. That took a little bit:
- maternal grandmother had breast cancer (double mastectomy)
- maternal grandfather had altzhiemers
- paternal grandfather had diabeties
- paternal grandmonther had a heart attack
- father died from heart faliure which was the result of a blood cloth (from somewhere?!?) that got stuck in his heart
- mother has high blood pressure
Then he starts checking me out.
- lump on my arm is nothing to be concerned about (he rambled off some name)
- my blood pressure is great — 112/70
- my ears look fine
- my weight is a little higher than I’d like it to be — 148lbs
Great…now it’s time to take off my clothes and get under a little paper sheet.
- no lumps in my breasts!! — I asked him about mamograms and stuff and he said that I’ll probably get one before i’m 50 since my gramma had cancer but they are generally more concerned for the 1st generation after the cancer (so my mom)
- he looked at my back and said it wasn’t as bad as I made it out to be (i’m 32 with acne…I don’t want to be 32 with acne…so it’s bad) — he gave me a prescription for antibotics to clear up the acne (1 pill everyday for 2 months) and according to Wiki it should also help with my anthrax problem?!?! LOL! (Just kidding!!)
- checked out the va-jay-jay — all good and tests sent off to lab (no news is good news)
I got to get dressed then we talked about my ears. He gave me a referral to an audiologist to get things checked out. There is a dramatic difference when I hold the phone up to my right ear verse my left and I’ve had sporadic ringing in my ears. He also faxed a referral to a gynocologist. I’ll call them on Tuesday to make an appointment. After my appoinment I walked down the hall to the audiologist. My appointment with them is in a couple weeks. I’m really interested to see how that goes.