Over the past few weeks, I’ve had the amazing opportunity to learn about Majesta and their BeTreesponsible movement.
For every 1 tree that they use to make their paper products, Majesta will plant 3 new trees. They hope to plant 1 million trees in 2010.
As part of learning about this amazing movement, our family got to try their toilet paper, paper towel and facial tissues. And for “eco” products, they work really well. The tissue and toilet paper were surprisingly soft. My family definitely prefers the Majesta Soft and Green toilet paper to the kind we usually by.
But not only are the products soft and durable during their expected use, they are amazingly biodegradable.
We were give 5 sheets of Charmin, 5 sheets of Majesta and 2 water bottles. We filled the water bottles 3/4 of the way full and added the sheets to each bottle. Watch what happened:
5 little shakes and the Majesta had already started to break apart. Where the Charmin is still in one piece. That’s crazy!
I know that our house will be switching to Majesta Soft and Green from here on out.
How would you like to change more than just the toilet paper in your bathroom?? What about making green renovations all over your house??
You can go to Majesta’s site to enter for a chance to WIN $15,000 towards a Green Makeover.
The $15,000 prize can go towards any ‘green’ home project, for example, landscaping or home improvement projects.
If we were to win, we’d do any number of projects around our house:
- replace the remaining old windows
- remove all the carpet to decrease the dust in the house
- install “green” floors – like cork or bamboo
- replace the insulation in the walls of the bedrooms upstairs and add insulation to the attic space
- get all the ducts properly taped to reduce leakage
- add fans to the ducts to increase air flow
- get a proper energy assessment to see what else could be done to make us more energy effient
I’m sure I could go on, but I want to hear what YOU would do with $15,000! So enter the Earth Day Makeover contest and then comment here!