That’s for sure! They’ll be safer and will look great!
Back to School with Thermos
This afternoon I was partying it up with @ThermosBrand and two fantastic experts: @safetydotty, a Product Safety Expert, and @FoodSafetyMaven, a Food Safety Expert. (I’ve included more information at the end of this post about the experts.)
We were able to ask questions about the Thermos products and about preparing healthy, safe lunches for our families.
Here is some info about the Thermos products from @SafetyDotty:
- All @ThermosBrand products are BPA-free and PVC-free.
- @ThermosBrand offers a way to find CPSIA certification information for all their products, just visit www.thermos.com/cpsia
And @FoodSafetyMaven shared this info with us:
- Deli meats are a risky food in school lunches- should not sit out for more than 2 hours (1 hour if it’s hot out)
- Keep items that need to be cold at proper temperatures in insulated food jars like the @ThermosBrand FUNtainer products.
- Send antibac wipes when washing won’t be easy. Help kids understand microbes with an age-appropriate book from the library.
- Cold foods need to stay cold and hot foods hot. Be careful with cold cuts, cheese or dairy & fresh cut fruits and veggies.
- Both milk and juice should be kept cold, so try the @ThermosBrand FUNtainer bottle that keeps drinks cold for up to 12 hours.
@ThermosBrand wanted us to know more about their products:
- Our #ThermosBTS lunch products use the safest materials available and we provide insulated FUNtainers to prevent foodborne illness
- Both safety and transparency matter for #ThermosBTS. That’s why you can download CPSIA certificates for our products www.thermos.com/cpsia
- Our FUNtainer products range from $14.99-$17.99. Thermos lunch boxes range from $6.99-$9.99.
- Our FUNtainer beverage bottle keeps liquids cold for 12 hours and the food jar keeps foods hot for 5 hours or cold for 7 hours
- Our vacuum insulated products aren’t affected by outside temps, just try to keep the containers closed up as much as possible.
- Wondering where to find #ThermosBTS products? Check @Target for our newest lunch kit and FUNtainer designs.
- Look for #ThermosBTS products in Canada at Wal-mart
- If you still have questions for our experts, leave them on our Facebook page: www.Facebook.com/Thermos
That’s a lot of great info about Thermos and their fun products! I really like how they are trying to be transparent and are reaching out to consumers using social marketing.
I can tell you first hand about their products. I’ve been using Thermos stuff since I was little. And now I’m happy to say that my kids use it as well. Munchkin has been taking hot foods to school in a stainless steel food jar for the last 2 years. This year she’ll get to use either the Princess or Tinkerbell Lunch Kit…the girls haven’t decided who gets which one.
What I love about lunch kits we received is that they are:
- BPA Free
- Lead Safe
- PVC Free
- Dishwasher Safe
- extremely cute
Ya, the last one isn’t very technical, but Thermos knows what kids like!
And you can enjoy a safe, fun lunch with Thermos too!
You could win a Bakugan lunch kit!
*I don’t have the lunch kits in my possession so they may or may not look like those above, but it is definitely Bakugan.
Enter a comment below and tell me — “Why you choose Thermos for your family.”
Please add a separate comment for each bonus entry (and these only count if you did the required comment mentioned above):
- Follow me (join this site with Google Friend Connect)
- Subscribe via email or Reader
- Grab my button and leave me the link
- Blog about this giveaway and leave me the link
- Follow @mapsgirl on Twitter
- “Like” funnythings are everywhere on Facebook (please leave your first name and last initial so I can find you as a fan)
Fine print: Comments will close August 24th.
About the experts
Dorothy Drago, child safety expert – @safetydotty
Dorothy Drago is a child safety expert and author of From Crib to Kindergarten: the Ultimate Safety Guide. She consults with her firm, Drago Expert Services, which specializes in consumer products, and in particular, infants’ and children’s products. Product safety is Dragon Expert Services’ goal, whether they are guiding consumers through product design, regulatory compliance, age grading, and warnings and instructions, or whether they are providing technical litigation support. http://www.dragoexpertservices.com/.
Donna Rosenbaum, co-founder S.T.O.P – @FoodSafetyMaven
Donna Rosenbaum is the co-founder and executive director of Safe Tables Our Priority (S.T.O.P.). She became a lifelong food safety advocate after E. coli disease claimed the life of her daughter’s best friend as the first victim in the Jack in the Box outbreak. For nearly 16 years, she has personally worked with thousands of victims of foodborne illness.
Under Rosenbaum’s direction, S.T.O.P. recently launched a program and database for anyone who has suffered from long-term consequences after a foodborne disease including reactive arthritis, Guillain Barré syndrome, digestive issues, irritable bowel syndrome, Crohn’s disease, and complications from HUS/TTP or kidney failure.