To spotlight the anniversary, the theme for this year’s campaign is ‘You’ve Come a Long Way Baby’. This year’s campaign runs from September 24th to October 6th.
Today, Transport Canada survey results show that 96 per cent of all Ontarians buckle up. Ontario was the first province to require all drivers and passengers to wear a seatbelt in 1976. Since the law first came into effect, the number of people killed and injured in motor vehicle collisions has steadily dropped and it is estimated that seatbelt use has saved over 8,000 lives. However in 2009, approximately 1 in 6 drivers and passengers killed in motor vehicle collisions were not wearing a seatbelt.
at Yorkdale Shopping Centre from 6am to 9am,
there will be a drop in Car Seat clinic!
What Happens at a Car Seat Clinic?
Click here to find out!
Some of the events that will be going on at this year’s launch:
- Toronto Police Service will have a Breathalyzer station setup
- OPP will have the Rollover simulator
- Toronto Fire Department will be performing a vehicle extrication
- CAA will be demonstrating the car-fit program
- DRIVEWISE will be demonstrating a virtual driving simulator
- Half-car demonstrations