After our trip to Cuba, we’ve have been imagining what our next vacation might be! So why not have a little Mexican vacation on our back deck!
The Tequila Marinated Chicken dish is perfect with a fun margarita!
Prep time: 30 minutes
Marinating time: 24 hours
Cook time: 50 minutes
2 lb chicken breast(s)
1 Tbsp olive oil
4 cloves garlic
1/4 cup lime juice
1/2 cup orange juice
1/4 cup tequila
2 jalapeño pepper
2 1/4 cup honey
1/4 tsp cinnamon, ground
1 Tbsp Mexican chili powder (try Ancho or Morita)
1/4 tsp allspice, ground
1 cup short grain brown rice
1/2 cup corn niblets, frozen 1 can black beans, drained
1 Jalapeño pepper, sliced, for garnish
1 lime, sliced, for garnish
- Remove skin from the chicken breasts and put chicken in a re-sealable plastic bag.
- In a blender or food processor, puré oil, garlic, lime juice, orange juice, tequila, peppers, honey, cinnamon, chili powder and all spice. Pour one quarter of the mixture over the chicken. Seal bag and toss so that the sauce coats all the pieces. Refrigerate up to 24 hours.
- Put the remaining marinade in the fridge.
- Preheat the barbecue. Drain chicken pieces then grill for 15-20 minutes per side, turning once, until crispy and browned and a thermometer inserted into the thickest piece reads 165°F (74°C).
- Bring reserved marinade to a boil in a small pot. Reduce heat and simmer until the sauce has reduced to ½ the original volume.
- Cook rice according to package directions in unsalted water. Stir in frozen corn and black beans during last 5 minutes of cooking. Fluff with fork.
- To serve, place rice over a large serving platter and top with cooked chicken breasts. Garnish with slices of jalapeño pepper and lime and serve with the reduced tequila sauce.
What recipe do you like to make??
Share your fave recipe #nonakedchicken Twitter party!!