We do a lot of grilling during the summer months. Sure we grill during the winter, but not as much.
Since we spend every weekend camping, a lot of meals are cooked on the grill or over the fire. Last weekend I prepared a yummy grilled chicken with a side of camp-fire potatoes and onions.
Camp-fire Potatoes and Onions:
5-6 red potatoes, thinly sliced
1 white onion, sliced
4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
3 tbsp butter
1. Start the fire and let it burn until the coals are nice and hot!
2. Prepare ingredients.
3. Wrap in tin foil with the shine side in.
4. Place in hot coals in the fire.
5. Flip them and check them to make sure that they don’t burn.
1. Mix up in a bowl:
1 teaspoon garlic powder
2 teaspoon onion salt
2 teaspoons ground coriander
1 teaspoon ground black pepper
2. Rub the spice mix on the chicken
4. Serve and Enjoy!
10 top Grilling Tips!
Chicken.ca has some great tips for grilling healthy chicken safely! Read their article here.
More great BBQ recipes @ chicken.ca!
There are so many great recipes to choose from! Here are some that I’d like to make:
- BBQ Chili Drumsticks with Avocado & Tomato Salsa
- Gin & Tonic Kabobs with Mint Tabouleh
- Dad’s Favourite Chicken Sandwich
Which BBQ recipe are you going to make??
To see all of the other great things that the Chicken Farmers do, follow them!
Disclosure: I am participating in the Chicken Farmers of Canada campaign managed by SJ Consulting. I received compensation in exchange for my participation in this campaign. The opinions on this blog are my own.