Do you want to help a family in need? You can help build a family a home (and win cool prizes) by simply writing a composition, essay or poem.
From October 5 to November 13, Genworth Financial Canada and Habitat for Humanity Canada are asking you to make a difference.
Submit a short composition, essay or poem that explains what “home” means to you!
- Take part in the ultimate gift – a new Habitat home for a deserving family. Genworth will donate $60,000 towards the building of a new Habitat home in a community of the winner’s choice*.
- Receive a high-performance Dell laptop with 80 GB hard drive, 3 GB RAM and an extended warranty, loaded with Microsoft Office.
*The winner will select from a list of eligible locations.
- Help a family to get a home of their own. Genworth will donate $5,000 to a Habitat affiliate of the winner’s choice – which will support the building of a new home in that community.
- Receive a $100 gift certificate to Chapters Indigo.
- Contest is open to students in grade 4, 5 or 6 in Canada.
- Your entry should be between 200 and 600 words
- You can submit your stories from October 5 to November 13, 2009
Click here for complete contest rules and regulations.
To submit your composition, essay or poem online, simply fill in the following form, then type or copy and paste your entry into the Submission box. Then click the “submit” button.
Enter by mail:
You can also mail your submission, along with your name, address and phone number, to:
P.O. Box 4446
STN Industrial Park
Don’t forget the stamp!