I’m not one to make things from recipes. I just can’t seem to get organized enough to make sure I have all of the ingredients I need. “Meal planning” has never been my strength. Very frequently, when it’s my turn to cook, I’ll choose some main ingredients and see what happens!
One of my “go to” meals is grilled chicken thighs and a vegetable. Right now, the asparagus is so yummy so that’s what I chose.
Oh, and if you don’t like what I’ve come up with, at the end of this post, I’ve included the information about the #nonakedchicken twitter party on Thursday, August 30th where Theresa Albert will share her yummy ideas!
Start with fresh ingredients!
- 16 Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs
- BBQ Sauce (Video: How to make BBQ Sauce)
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Spices (salt, garlic, your favorites)
4. Spray your grill with extra virgin olive oil or a non-stick spray
5. Open up the thighs to lay flat on the grill. Cook about 10 minutes each side until they reach an internal temperature of 165°F (74°C) (See chart at chicken.ca for details)
6. While chicken is on first side, snap the ends off of all the asparagus. Lay them on a cooking sheet
7. Drizzle the olive oil on top, sprinkle on spices to taste. Toss.
8 Flip the chicken after 10 minutes. (Now we’re cooking the 2nd side)
9. Put asparagus in the oven for 8 minutes.
10. Test the temperature of the chicken – chicken temperature chart -internal temperature of 165°F (74°C)
11 Remove asparagus from oven, place in serving dish.
12. Pour BBQ sauce in a bowl, then brush it on the thighs. Flip the thighs again, brush on BBQ sauce.
Theresa Albert’s No Naked Chicken Twitter Party!
Thursday August 30th 9-10pm EST