YMC’s Party Mummy, Lisa, had the brilliant idea for all Blissdom Canada-bound bloggers to get to know each other. She put together this fun little quiz!
1. Did you attend Blogher10?
2. Are you attending BlissdomCanada this fall?
Yes, and I blogged about the ticket purchase experience!
3. When are you at your blogging best – a.m. or p.m.?
Sometimes in the morning. Sometimes at night. But mostly at night after the girls are in bed. Strangely, I’m writing this post at 9:30 am.
4. How many blogs do you have? (Include the links)
Just this one — funny things are everywhere
5. What technical skill would you like to learn to improve your blog?
I’m trying to understand the importance of SEO. I also need to learn better photography techniques and how to better use my DSLR and all it’s lenses.
6. Do you prefer the sound of silence or does action abound while you blog?
I usually will have the TV on or music playing. Right now I’m listening to the Dean Blundel Show.
7. Do you include the names of your family in your blog?
No. I use my kids’ nicknames… Munchkin and Peanut
8. Do you post pictures or videos of your children?
Yes. They’re adorable! Everyone NEEDS to see them.
9. What’s the grossest thing you’ve spilled on your keyboard?
Peanut spilled her apple juice and now my ‘A’ key sticks. Not all that gross…just annoying.
10. Ever posted something you wrote while intoxicated?
I’ve never blogged while intoxicated. While having a beverage, sure! Now tweeting while intoxicated, that’s another story.
11. Do you go back and edit old posts just because you can?
Not just because I can, but because they need updating (ie. when giveaways are over)
12. Have you ever suspected somebody took something you wrote and pawned it off as their own?
No, but not a lot of people read my blog (yet) so I’m not sure who would steal my work. Secretly, I be excited to know that someone thought my stuff was good enough to steal. Kinda.
13. Does your spouse read your blog? What do they say about it?
Yes, BigDaddy reads my blog. Actually he even has privileges to post. He wrote about our date night!
14. What’s something cool/positive/unexpected for you, that has resulted directly from blogging?
But seriously, I think that the connections that I have made with other bloggers is amazing. There are a few blogs that I have to read everyday and we comment on each others posts. We connected through Twitter as well. I’m looking forward to go Blissdom where I can meet some of the amazing authors that I read.
15. Link to a post (or two) which demonstrate your writing style:
child restraint installation tips
being a parent during a pandemic is bad for your blood pressure
16. Name a blog(s) that makes you exclaim, “Damn! I wish I’d written that!”
Elastamom’s Excerpts -in particular, the Flashback Series
attack of the Redneck Mommy
Want to play along?
Here’s what to do:
a) Cut and paste the quiz onto your blog.
b) Delete my answers (after carefully studying and committing each to memory. What?).
c) Answer the questions (feel free to embellish and totally make stuff up. I do it all the time).
d) Tweet a few of the bloggers you’d love to get to know better and invite them to play along.
e) Go to Lisa’s, leave a link to your blog where you’ve answered the quiz questions. You can comment here too…please!