I love Dr. Suess (obviously, I named my blog after a line from one of his books)! And to celebrate today, I’m sharing a poem.
of hard green tomatoes.”
That’s agreat thing to be!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME!”
|Me 30-something year ago today!|
- you’re reading at a grade 3/4 level (Levels M to O) and we’re working on your comprehension skills
- you’re still doing math for fun and really enjoy your math workbook
- you’re loving science
- you’re a great helper in the classroom
- you wear size 7/8 clothes and a size 3 shoe
- you chose “boy boots” this year because you didn’t want girl ones
- you’re 4′ 3.5″ tall and weigh 62 lbs
- you’re a Brownie now
- you can be a really great sister…most of the time
- you’re funny and you love telling jokes
- you got a big bike with hand brakes this summer and we enjoyed lots of long bike rides
Between crafts from school and church, my girls gave me the best Mother’s Day presents ever!
Don’t forget to enter the Soap Nuts giveaway!
(ends Wednesday, May 11th)
A baby asked God, “They tell me you are sending me to earth tomorrow, but how am I going to live there being so small and helpless?”
“Your angel will be waiting for you and will take care of you.”
The child further inquired, “But tell me, here in heaven I don’t have to do anything but sing and smile to be happy.”
God said, “Your angel will sing for you and will also smile for you. And you will feel your angel’s love and be very happy.”
Again the child asked, “And how am I going to be able to understand when people talk to me if I don’t know the language?”
God said, “Your angel will tell you the most beautiful and sweet words you will ever hear, and with much patience and care, your angel will teach you how to speak.”
“And what am I going to do when I want to talk to you?”
God said, “Your angel will place your hands together and will teach you how to pray.”
“Who will protect me?”
God said, “Your angel will defend you even if it means risking it’s life.”
“But I will always be sad because I will not see you anymore.”
God said, “Your angel will always talk to you about Me and will teach you the way to come back to Me, even though I will always be next to you.”
At that moment there was much peace in Heaven, but voices from Earth could be heard and the child hurriedly asked, “God, if I am to leave now, please tell me my angel’s name.”
“You will simply call her, ‘Mom.'”