As 2014 is coming to a close, my 3rd year as a Chicken Farmer Ambassador is coming to an end! I have loved sharing so many amazing recipes and important chicken information for the Chicken Farmers of Canada! They are an amazing organization that focuses on keeping families healthy and safe.
We’re going to end this year off with a bang! This sticky Asian Chicken Wing appetizer is going to be loved by everyone and is perfect for your New Year’s Eve celebrations!
Asian Chicken Wings Appetizer
- 3 lb (1.4 kg) chicken wings, split
- 1 cup (250 mL) hoisin sauce
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) sesame seeds, toasted
- 1 tsp (5 mL) ginger, freshly grated
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) vegetable oil
- 1/2 green pepper(s), cored, seeded, cut into thin strips
- 1/2 red pepper(s), cored, seeded, cut into thin strips
- 1 tsp (5 mL) sesame oil
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Add hoisin sauce, vegetable oil and ginger to large resealable bag. Mix ingredients together in bag.
- Place chicken wings inside bag and coat wings with sauce.
- Remove chicken wings from bag and place on large baking sheet. Sprinkle peppers on baking sheet with wings. Sprinkle wings with half of the sesame seeds and place in oven.
- Cook for approximately 10 to 15 minutes and then remove baking sheet from oven. With tongs, turn wings over to cook on other side. Sprinkle wings with remaining sesame seeds and return baking sheet to oven.
- Bake for another 10 to 15 minutes or until wings are thoroughly cooked.
- Sprinkle wings with sesame oil and serve with pepper strips.
Other great appetizer recipes you should try
- Boneless Buffalo Hot Wings with Vegetable Sticks and Blue Cheese Dressing
- Chicken & Caramelized Onion English Muffins
- Chicken Katsu Remake (Torikatsu)
Have you tried the Shopping App from Chicken Farmers of Canada?
Just like with the Hummus Chicken Avacado Flatbread, I was able to gather all the correct ingredients new Chicken.ca App!!
- List sharing with real-time syncing
- Chicken.ca recipes including nutritional information, tips, tricks and more
- Add any ingredient from chicken.ca recipes to your list
- Database of over 350 common grocery items
- Ability to categorize your own custom items
I searched for my recipe, added the ingredients to my shopping list, and off to the store I went!!
For more information — http://www.chicken.ca/news-and-contests/view/9/shopping-with-chicken-ca
Don’t forget to enter the CityLine & Chicken Farmers contest!
You could win your own Personal Chef Experience!
Click HERE for more information!
To see all of the other great things that the Chicken Farmers do, follow them!
Facebook: Canadian Chicken
Disclosure: I am participating in the Chicken Farmers of Canada campaign managed by SJ Consulting. I received compensation in exchange for my participation in this campaign. The opinions on this blog are my own.